Saturday, May 8, 2010

This Tune's Been Rotating In My Head, Keeps The Warmth In Me When The Hotel Seems So Dead






























So this weekend my sister went down to Cleveland to visit a university because she's a great athlete and has wicked marks and is entertaining the thought of going to school there. Essentially the opposite of my educational situation. Haha! Anyways this morning she texted me asking if there was any cereal I wanted her to bring back. I jumped all over the chance to get some rad American food. Because let's face it, they are a lot better at making unhealthy, but delicious meals than we are.

So flashback. There used to be this peanut butter crunch ad where this kid chilling out in his house having some cereal when he sees some monsters (zombies?) walking towards his house. He gets scared but eventually the Cap'n busts in by doing that giant boat exploding out of nowhere trick and everyone relaxes while having a bowl of peanut butter crunch. At the time I was an impressionable 7-year-old (or around that age. Don't worry it didn't make that much of an impression that I actually remember how long it's been.) and wanted some so bad. I asked my mom to get some, but when she came back all she had was plain old regular Cap'n Crunch. I was like "Yo! What's the deal Colleen?" Anyways I figured that it is only available in the States.

Sooooooo anyways, I'm enjoying a bowl of said cereal right now. It is fucking delicious. Man. I also have a box of Fruity Pebbles and Trix waiting for me afterwards. I've always been a fan of sugary cereal and am pretty goddamn stoked about this, if you can't tell.

By this point you should be asking yourself one of two questions:
1. Why the hell am I friends with a guy who gets this excited about cereal?
2. Why the hell would anyone want to be friends with a guy who gets this excited about cereal?

I dunno, I'm a pretty huge dork. You should know that by now.

Yesterday morning was one of those days where it seems like a bunch of things just converge and it feels like the world is collapsing in on you and all you can think about is every mistake you've ever made in your life. Not exactly a recipe for feeling great. But the feeling always passes and you can't be too hard on yourself. Because if you don't give yourself a break who is going to? You should like yourself. I guess that's the overriding moral here? I sound like a fucking moron.

Alright, but this morning was the exact opposite. Everything felt awesome. Listened to tons of The Cure, Shook Ones and woke up to a new Mixtapes EP. They rule a whole lot. "Maps" is definitely going to be on my year-end list for 2010. They put it up for free and I put the link up here, sometime in January or February of this year? It won't be that hard to find. I highly suggest downloading that because 1. It's free. 2. The only way you won't like it is if you hate catchy poppy indie-pop-punk awesome songwriting. I'll put up the link for the new EP once it goes up, because shit ain't even out yet. It will most likely be free again, because that's how Death To False Hope Records operates.

Another pretty useless post, unless you like reading about cereal and music, I guess. My bad. I'm just all types of positive and I tend to ramble. Come hang out and be posi with me. It feels nice.

"Yea, there's not really anything to do up here. Unless you wanna hang out on my couch and listen to shitty metal."

Once more; go and download "Maps" by Mixtapes (it's free and posted on here) and "Thought About Growing Up" when it comes out. It's indie but they play fast sometimes and the music is fucking cute and adorable. It rules so much.

Found the ad I was talking about before!:

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete