Friday, May 7, 2010

Super Smash Bros Over You

Here's my itinerary for shows this summer. So far I don't have someone to go to most with. Join?

May 7th- Junior Battles/O Pioneers!!! @ Sneaky Dees
Junior Battles is awesome pop-punk from Toronto. They are some of my favourites right now. O Pioneers is like folky punk that you want to shout along to.

May 12th- Crime In Stereo/Wayfarer/Mockingbird Wish Me Luck @El Mocambo
Crime In Stereo is like atmospheric/poppy used to be more of a hardcore band but still sort of are. I like them lots. Wayfarer is a super rad punk band from Ontario. Their debut album is free at www.juiceboxdotcom.com. Mockingbird Wish Me Luck is another rad punk band from Ontario that you should probably listen to.

June 3rd- Living With Lions/Sights and Sounds @Sneaky Dees
Living With Lions play Lifetime/Saves The Day/ blahblahblah pop-punk and play it exceedingly well. Their debut album "Make Your Mark" is one of my favourites. Sights and Sounds is a side-project of Comeback Kid and is rock with a hardcore twist. I saw them last year and they were good live.

June 10th- Joey Cape/Tony Sly @El Mocambo
Joey Cape is the singer of Lagwagon. Tony Sly is the singer of No Use For A Name. Both were cornerstones of punk in the 90's. Both do solo acoustic stuff now. Both are really fucking good at it. Especially Joey. He's probably my favourite folky-acoustic artist ever.

June 14th- Strike Anywhere/Bane/Touche Amore/Lowrider @Wrong Bar
Strike Anywhere play melodic hardcore and are fucking dynamite live. Stage-dive and scream your lungs out. Bane are one of my favourite hardcore bands and one of the best live bands I've ever seen. Seeing them awhile ago changed my outlook on music. Touche Amore are a band I've heard tons about but never checked out. Lowrider has members of Misery Signals and Comeback Kid. Gonnnnnnna be goooooooood.

June 30th- The Wonder Years/Streetlight Manifesto @The Phoenix
The Wonder Years are a pop-punk band. Most people lump them into the whole NFG-core sound that's pretty big now, but are so so so much more than that. They write songs about life and being positive. I owe pretty much any happy moods I have to them. I was in a funk and their music got me out of it. It's their first time in Canada. Streetlight's pretty good too, but their fans suck and I'm starting to grow out of them.

July 9th- Warped Tour @Arrow Hall (I'm assuming)
Everyone knows what Warped Tour is. Here are the bands I like that are playing: Andrew WK, Every Time I Die, Polar Bear Club, Set Your Goals, The Swellers, Alkaline Trio, Face To Face, Four Year Strong, The Bouncing Souls, The Flatliners, The Snips and Sum 41 (go on, hate). I know blah blah blah corporate, stupid not even punk any more festival. Well you know what? It looks like there's a fuckload of pretty damn good punk bands on it this year. Plus, if you want to miss a concert that has both Andrew WK and Every Time I Die, then you must really have something against partying.

July 24th- The Suicide Machines/We Are The Union @St. Andrew's
Yes, this is in Detroit. But if you think that The Suicide Machines aren't worth a measly 5 hour drive, you've got a few screws loose. FUCKING STOKED.

No comments:

Post a Comment