Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I Miss You A Lot, But This Ain't The Time Or Place For Sayin' So

Money is pretty ridiculous isn't it? I mean not having it just puts a damper on any plans you'd have. Don't worry! This isn't about to be a whine-fest. But it's just that even when I set out to do things that don't cost money, such as skating with friends or going to hang out at a bbq, money still plays a factor (because I don't have the $6 necessary for a return trip on the ttc or the $8.75 necessary to bring a 6-pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon lager to the bbq). So yea even when I'm consciously trying to make it "not there" it's still there.

That being said when I do have money I fly through it. This isn't me buying things because I need them, it's me buying things because I several expensive habits. For example a downtown trip in which I have no intention of a buying a specific item:
  • Lunch at Hero Burger- $10
  • Stop at the Silver Snail-$15
  • Stop at Rotate This- $20-30
  • New bass strings- $30
So even when I have no intention of doing anything, I still drop close to $100. I dunno, Hero Burger makes the best burgs. I like to keep my collection of X-Men up to date. I'll be damned if I don't continue on my quest of owning every piece of Descendents vinyl put to press. I guess bass strings is only every now and then, but goddamn they're still expensive.

Now see, I've thought over and over many times that I would be the perfect type of person to be just extremely loaded. I really like to do things that make other people happy, and I think that I would be able to do that very often if I had a fuckton of money. I've put together a pretty extensive list of all the things I would do if I somehow ran into a bunch of money

  • First and foremost pay-off my parents house and their debt. Then give them basically whatever they wanted.
  • Secondly, pay the University of Guelph off.
  • For right now, pay for everyone's rent and utilities in my house as well as buying out the basement. Also pay a maid to clean up the house.
  • For the future, buy three houses, one in Melbourne, Australia, one in Toronto, one vacation house in Hawaii.
  • Also buy a hyper-sub to drive around in Jamaica and make jams with Damien. The mother fucking hyper sub. I'd also get a gnarly shark painted on it, so it would look like a World War II fighter jet.
  • Kegs of PBR at my house. ALWAYS.
  • Have shows in my basement. All the time.
  • None of my friends would ever spend money at the bar ever again.
  • Less Than Jake would play my birthday.
  • Buy a bunch of golfcarts to go to Bruce Lee's in.
  • Convert Mama Link into a monster truck, but keep the shitty engine, steering, brakes, electronics, etc.
  • Buy the original Batmobile and maybe also turn that into a monster truck.
  • Buy a gigantic aquarium and fill it with awesome fish. Including a tiger shark named Cosmo
  • Buy the metalslug/bust-a-move/king of fighters Neo-Geo machine from Alberto's Pizza at Bathurst and St. Clair. I would also rig it so you don't need quarters. For the record, I at one point had the second highest score on Bust-A-Move under the name "ASS".
  • Put a pool in our backyard. With a diving board.
  • Put some skating stuff there as well
  • And what the hell, I'd open up the big bop again.
I think that would make for a pretty interesting life no? I'd indulge my own preferences as well, but figured rooms only dedicated to Uncanny X-Men collections and walls of bass guitars don't make for an interesting read.

See it's not that "cash rules everything around me", it's that I like to do dumb shit. Having a lot of money would let me do a lot more dumb shit and let all of my friends in on the action as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment