Monday, April 5, 2010

Everything Sucks Today

Why is nobody else as excited for this as I am? I suppose it's because nobody I know loves the Descendents and All as much as I do but still! Going to be a great record of pop-punk music!

So Stephen Egerton (guitarist of the aforementioned bands) is putting out a solo record. Rather than going the traditional solo route of one man being sad with an acoustic guitar (don't get me wrong, I'm totally down with that), he's recorded a bunch of songs and is getting a bunch of his punk-rock vocalist friends to sing on them. Basically I translate this as songs that will be vintage Descendents/All poppy sound with just different singers, all of whom rule. Some mentioned include Joey Cape(umm, yea!), Chad Price (All Reunion!), Scott Reynolds (another All reunion!), Chris from LTJ (my two favourite bands combined?!?!?) oh and um, um MILO.

Also especially excited for the John Speck track because I love Hifi Handgrenades to death and they stopped being a real band way too early in their careers.

You can check out the full track listing here:

and a song off the album here (it rules!):

No comments:

Post a Comment