Sunday, November 7, 2010

Stayed There The Whole Semester

I just went and read through a huge chunk of this thing. One thing I really noticed was that when I was feeling really down in the dumps, I obviously write about it in some way here. Then I would always follow it up with "I know it sounds like I'm bummed out, but I'm not. Don't worry about me!" I think this stems from the fact that I really don't like spreading my problems onto other people. People who act like some personal problem is making their world cave in around them and then pour their problems on everyone really get on my nerves.

I mean, I can understand if something huge happens. Someone close to you dies? Your significant other breaks up with you? Those are big things in your life. You need others to help you work through it. You fucked up on an exam? Watch out! Your life is over!

More or less, everyone has the same smaller problems in their life. Chances are, if you're aged 18-25 you are: trying to figure out your love life, trying to figure out how to stop being an alcoholic, trying to figure out what you are going to do for the rest of your life and trying to figure out why/why not you are in school, most people just only talk about it to their closest friends. So don't worry so much. Or worry I guess, but don't let it turn you into some emotional wreck.

But yea, I'm going to try to avoid saying "I'm not bummed out, don't worry!" when I actually am anymore.

Yo,

Crime In Stereo, I know your last shows were only just this weekend, but comeback please?

No comments:

Post a Comment