Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Get Out, See You There

Well, I guess it's time for my biannual get nostalgic about Scarborough post (and I even know what nostalgia really means now because of one of my classes! So I guess I should have said "reflective nostalgic post". Oh well, shoot me.). But this one is unlike my other ones.

Often times I get extremely fed-up with school and sick of my environment and just really need a change of scenery. Final assignments are often all due at the same time, I get sort of bummed out and run out of money and just think "Fuck this. I'm out. I'm done. Get me home so that I can retain that last shred of sanity that is dangling from the front of my brain." But I have to say that this isn't the case this time.

I mean I've still got a ton of work to do. I'm not looking forward to having to make that last push to finish all this shit, but you know what? Things could be way worse than having to write three essays. A hell of a lot worse. So my complaining really just isn't warranted at all.

But I am still very stoked to get back home. Christmas break absolutely rules. All my friends are home at the same time and it's only half-way through the year so we still have some money left to have fun. I like hanging with those dudes a lot and miss it tons when I'm away at school. Obviously everyone can relate to this. I mean, you're away from people you care about, missing them seems to be the gut reaction.

I have a few plans set in stone for the break (just wait until you hear SHARK ATTACK!, my oh my) but other than that I just plan to relax, see my friends, destroy a few cases of beer and have some fun.

Life is pretty simple if you want it to be. The more complicated you make it, the more it sucks.

PMA.


I kind of think that's perfect "emo" (yea, I know original emo was around before The Get-Up Kids and sounded different. Whatever.). Five normal dudes who are starting to pack on the pounds because they're getting up there in age playing poppy-punk rock music with honest music about their emotions. Not some fucker in Nike dunks with hair that looks a badger pelt on his head. Look for honesty in music, above everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment