Sunday, November 28, 2010

I'm Just A Hypocrite And I Have To Keep Calling You One

I'm a huge Less Than Jake fan. They are my favourite band. I love 'em to death and everything they've done. And yes, when I say "everything" that does include "In With The Out Crowd". It's not THAT bad. I mean how can you hate an album with songs as catchy as this:

I think that Lagwagon that just gets written off as "one of those 90's skatepunk bands" too often. I mean they were a skatepunk band. They had the "megabeat" or "forbidden beat" drums, the fast palm-muting, the wah-peddle solos. But I really think they are up there as the best pop-punk band from the 90's. They are poppier than most of their peers and Joey Cape is just heads and shoulders above all of them as a song-writer. Seriously one of my favourite lyricists ever. I think it's pretty dumb that bands like this can only tour big festivals or random short club tours because they don't have the draw used to, but these bands can go on giant package tours. Like really dumb. Just listen to this and try not to smile and belt out the words (once you know them at least, haha):

No comments:

Post a Comment