Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Rain In Spain Falls Mainly On The Homeless

Jawbreaker is a band that I really like, but skimp on listening to for some reason a lot. But in all my Jawbreaker/Blake loving, I've never checked out Jets To Brazil.

They're the band that Blake Shwarzenbach (the former singer and song-writer from Jawbreaker) formed after the demise of the latter's epic career. Their music style is sort of an extension of what Jawbreaker was going for on "Dear You". They are definitely in no way shape or form a punk band (I guess you could say the members are sort of punk. Though most would say they're not. Fuck them.), unlike Jawbreaker. Really just a pop band, but accompanied by Blake's always depressing/awesome lyrics. When you consider the amount of absolutely amazing/classic songs he's put out between these bands, it's really hard to ignore the fact that he's one of the best song writers of all time. I mean they guy is probably the most instrumental in making "emotional punk/rock" music in the 90's. And I guess 2000's because Jets To Brazil carried on for a little bit into that decade (feels really weird not referring to it as "this" decade).

But yea, I just got this album and it rules.

And if you're a girl, they got their name from a poster in Breakfast At Tiffany's. So I guess that's incentive to check this song. Because every girls seems to love that movie. Works if you're guy too. Movie is a "classic", though I've only seen it once.

Anyways:

No comments:

Post a Comment