Sunday, October 31, 2010

I Know I Can Make Everything Just Perfect

This morning I was hungover as all hell. Seriously. Playing beer pong with malt liquor is not a good idea. I felt I was a piece of shit with a shakeweight for a stomach trapped in a dead 21 year-old skeleton's body. It was one of those morning where you just toss and turn in your bed because you don't know if you're too hot or too cold and all you want to do is pass out but you can't because your headache is keeping you awake.

Eventually I put on some Alkaline Trio and managed to salvage a nap after taking some advil. Because of the order on my itunes, All came one after Alkaline Trio. Around the time track four, She's My Ex (that's one of my favourite songs ever!) came I noticed it was pretty sunny and I had to crack a smile. It's impossible to feel bummed out and shitty while hearing that main riff, and who hates sunshine?

It seems like this all I write about over and over. "Hey man, don't feel sad! There's lots of things to be happy about!" But seriously, being positive seems to be one of the main things I think about. Being sad is not a fun thing. It's really easy to always cave to it, but you just can't. It makes the rest of your life harder and it makes you a lot less fun to be around. It's a vicious cycle man.

Soundtrack to this morning:
Jets To Brazil- You're Having The Time Of My Life (goes out to everyone at Fest, haha)
Alkaline Trio- Radio
Alkaline Trio- This Addiction (the whole deluxe version of the album!)
and of course, All-All

Cool, I'm gonna go make some Kraft Dinner and watch Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

P.S., the best part of last night was when Brian and I were playing beer as team "Mega Powers" (we dressed up as Hulk Hogan and Macho Man Randy Savage for Halloween, respectively) and we made a huge comeback and I ended up hitting the last cup. As soon as it went in, Brian tore his shirt in half like the Hulk would and everyone went crazy. It was so sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment