Sunday, October 10, 2010

Ready For The Next Trainwreck

Alright, I was thinking about how people have pet names for their significant others today (Sidenote: Pet name is just one of those things I say without actually thinking what I’m saying. When I actually do think about, it’s kind of weird. When I say pet, I think of my dogs. Comparing your girlfriend to a pet is a little odd, no?).

I was thinking about this because today I’ve been listening to I Am The Avalanche on repeat. One of my favourite lines from them is from the song “Green Eyes”, “Baby, these blue eyes are never as bright without you”. Yea I know, I’m fuckin’ emo. Sidenote: Every time I hear that song I think of Big Trouble In Little China, because oh how big a deal Lopan makes over girls with green eyes. And it’s one of my favourite movies.

Anyways, yea I was thinking about how much I like that line, but at the same time how I’ve never call my girlfriends baby. When I say it, it just seems forced and feels weird coming out of my mouth, you know? Same thing goes for honey, sweetie, babe, etc.

BUT, at the same time I like a lot of songs that use said words in them. Baby is all over this I Am The Avalanche record and god knows The Ergs! have used it more than a few times in their songs. If want to be a superstar punk rock love-song writer (which I totally do) I guess I should start then, eh?

Am I hypocrite for thinking that “Everything Falls Apart” by The Ergs! Is a rad song, but would feel like a tool saying “baby, tell another lie” in real life?

I really need start keeping track of my ideas in a better way. I had a bunch while I was writing this and forgot almost all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment