Thursday, October 14, 2010

You Know I'm A Sucker For That T-Shirt

A while ago it was a really popular thing on facebook that people would write out "20 Things You May Not Know About Me" notes and tag all their best friends in them. Most people just kind of said things that were distinctive about them, but everyone knew already. I didn't do it at them the time because I "thought it was dumb" even though I read all of the ones I was tagged in by my friends. Don't forget, I'm "punk" and have a reputation to keep up.

All kidding aside, I think it's kind of a rad idea, especially since I think there's a ton of stuff that people probably don't know about me. I don't know if I'll go over or under 20, but anyways heeerrrreeegoes:

1. Biggest one I guess, once you get to know me I'm a pretty emotional guy. This is definitely not my first impression because chances are if you meet me sober, then I'm super shy and quiet. If you meet me drunk, I'm loud and dumb.

2. I am PETRIFIED of losing my hair. I have pretty thin hair already and the thought of me being bald, let alone bald at a young age, scares me to fucking death. I think I would look pretty fucking weird with no hair.

3. I go through phases where I listen to really corny love songs. I don't mean like New Found Glory or Blink. I mean like Hall & Oats and Macy Gray. The one occupying this spot at the moment is “Keep On Lovin’ You” by REO Speedwagon. Don't judge me please.

4. On that note: there's a lot of stuff you might be surprised I listen to. Ex. Al Green.

5. Redheads drive me absolutely bananas. I don’t know what it is.

6. I used to hate myself a lot. That’s all over now though! Positive Mental Attitude! Bend but never break!

7. You’ll probably think this is weird, but every now and then I really like to showers with the lights off, so it’s only natural light in the washroom.

8. I hate my hair. I’m sure if you’re a girl, curly hair is rad because you can style however you want and all that shit. You know what I can do with my hair? Fucking nothing. Either jew ‘fro or hat hair. That’s all I got. I would kill for my hair to be straight as an arrow.

9. I also hate the way my voice sounds. I remember the first time I heard it played back to me, all I could think was “Man, there’s no way I actually sound like that”. I think everybody sort of thinks that, but fuck I think mine sounds lame.

10. I am also aware that I am not an attractive dude. It’s alright; I’ve come to terms with it.

Enough self-depreciation for now!

11. I love dogs. A lot!

12. Sort of a tie into #3 I guess, but I’m the biggest sucker for love songs that there is.

13. I really like to make people laugh. I really don’t care about making fun of myself or doing dumb things at my own expense as long as everyone around me is smiling and having a good time.

14. I know that on first impression I can seem like a bit of a dumbass. I quote stupid movies, I do dumb things (especially when I drink) and I seem to have a lowbrow sense of humour. Don’t get me wrong, I do like all these things, Billy Madison will be my favourite movie forever. But I also like more cerebral things as well. Catch 22 is a hilarious book, The Life Aquatic makes me piss my pants and I go to museums and art galleries because I genuinely enjoy them, not to try and seem cultured.

15. On that note; I really don’t think I’m that smart of a dude. Maybe a 6.5-7 out of 10.

16. I really like being in a relationship. Being single kind of sucks, I’d much rather have girlfriend to talk to. Not to say I’m not happy when I’m on my own, but I’d rather have the ol’ ball and chain to come home to y’know?

17. Even though I don’t skank like I used to and listen to a much wider variety music now than I did when I was 16, I will always be a ska kid at heart. Ska’d 4 lyfe.

18. I can, and enjoy speaking French, though I’ve lost a lot of it since getting to high school.

19. My feet (especially in the summer, when I never wear socks with my vans) (and especially when I have on my really old teal and grey slip-ons) have the most ungodly scent on this earth. I’ve been told the Canadian army is scouting them for chemical warfare.

20. I like girls who are little unkept and rough around the edges. If you are too into yourself, it makes me want to stop talking to you.

21. Mexican food is my favourite type of food.

22. I crank up music and rock out playing along to it all the time in my room.

23. Bill Murray is my favourite actor. He is the funniest person of all time and a god among men.

24. I’m the worst at returning texts and calls. Usually I get one, then pause trying to think of a witty response that makes me seem a lot smarter and cooler than I actually am. Then I get distracted and realize three hours later I haven’t returned it yet. That and I leave my phone around all the time. I don't like having it in my pocket because I’d rather not have testicular cancer.

25. I know that sometimes I can be overly sarcastic and it gives people a weird impression of me. I’m actually trying to not be so much of an asshole anymore. Seriously!

So I guess it was 25 things. There you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment