Monday, October 18, 2010

She Has A New Man, I Have A New Mustachce

Cancer has been somewhat involved for the last little while in my life.

Out of nowhere in 2005, my mom was diagnosed with colorectal cancer. Fortunately, we caught it early. She had surgery to remove the tumor and underwent chemotherapy and beat it like a fucking champ. Luckily, there hasn't been any sign of it since.

It puts things in perspective. Having someone close to you be that sick shows how quickly someone can leave your life, with it being totally out of your control. There are tons of people who lose very important people in their life every day due to cancer and there is nothing they can do about it. Kids getting left on their own? Fuck man. Fuck.

I've always been a fan of "no-shave November" or "movemeber" just because I love to grow beards and mustaches. This year I found out that a charity is tied to it. Movember encourages guys to grow mustaches in order to promote men's health and raise money for prostate cancer research. I was very stoked to find this organization. 'Cause I fucking hate cancer. And if my growing of a mustache, which I was going to grow for November anyways, can aid in getting rid of it, well then fuckin' 'eh.


Oh and, I don't give a fuck about donating "to me" or whatever. Just make sure the money goes to research.

Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment