Wednesday, October 13, 2010

You Promised, You Lied, You Lied And Then You Promised Again

The band Nix86 combines my three favourite things about music: Pop-punk, ska and songs about girls.

They aren't very well known (at least I'm pretty sure they aren't) because they don't go out of their way to advertise themselves and rarely play shows, let alone do a tour. BUT they are pretty much an all-star super ska-punk band if you know anything about Long Island ska (my favourite type of ska!). Member's former project include: High School Football Heroes, Edna's Goldfish, The Arrogant Sons of Bitches, Bomb The Music Industry!, The Flaming Tsunamis and We Are The Union. If you to stroll over to my last.fm page (Here, if you want to. I wouldn't though. Shit's mad boring.), then you can see why I would get so stoked over this. George writes really awesome lyrics, in my opinion. His old band (and also old band of some other members), the aforementioned High School Football Heroes, broke up because apparently ska kids thought they were too emo to be ska and emo kids were like "What the fuck is a trombone?!?". But anyways, he continues his stories of love gone wrong in this band. And I really fucking like it.

The music is just poppy as hell and usually accompanied by a dancy ska beat. It makes me smile and puts me in a good mood all the time.


Really though, there's a link to download their demo on their MySpace and you should totally do that. It's pretty good quality and it's free and I listen to it all the time because the songwriting is so damn good.


No comments:

Post a Comment