Friday, October 1, 2010

Man The Guilt Must Be Huge

Time for...A RANDOM COLLECTION OF SCATTERED THOUGHTS!

I saw Fireworks last night. They played the best set I've ever seen them play for sure. Sure their music is stupidly poppy-generic pop-punk, but you know what? It's fucking fun. The only thing I don't like about seeing them live, and something that used to deter me from listening to them before, is the four or five kids who are always there throwing down and acting like they're at Trapped Under Ice show. Even though I don't do it, I can see how it would be fun when you're seeing a hardcore band. I'll even give you Set Your Goals and Four Year Strong because they have "heavy" parts. But Fireworks? C'mon son! Some of their songs are one step away from being "Build Me Up Buttercup" (I still love them, don't worry, but seriously). Especially when some other kids are trying to have fun, but you're flying around hitting them with your spinning arms.

Like guys, fuck off. Seriously.

Wearing my Fireworks shirt, at the moment, gives me the sense that I am required to be stoked. They're a fun band!

I am currently in my fourth year at university and continuing my half-assing ways. Maybe I'll change right?

Everybody is too critical of everyone else and everybody needs to relax the fuck out. Who even cares if you don't know them?

There was a news report about the town of Guelph and how they need to up police presence downtown because of all the drunk students. Good thing? I guess we're getting a reputation for partying hard and being rowdy. That's pretty rad. Bad thing? For some reason guys really like to fight when they drink. I don't really know why. I just try to have the best time I can when I drink.

Last night The Swellers (I really, really liked their last album, then the new one came out and I didn't dig it as much. After last night I'm back on them.) covered "May 16th" by Lagwagon. There was like three of us that knew the song, but whatevs. I'll love skate-punk forever and ever.

Happy thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment