Wednesday, May 4, 2011

You've Got Your Skeletons And You're Scared To The Bone

Moments like these are why I like punk music so much. It doesn't matter if you don't know anybody there, when the bands playing everybody is there for the same reason and everybody there knows it. Generally speaking, the bands are pretty down to earth and don't have huge egos because at one time, they were those kids at the shows.


The first concert I went to was Warped Tour 2004. I saw Bad Religion, Rise Against, Deville, Flogging Molly, Allister, The Planet Smashers and The Casualties. It was okay. More importantly the next show I went to was The Planet Smashers, The Toasters, The Pietasters and The Pylons at Lee's Palace about a month later. That show was exactly like the one shown above. During the last two sets every kid was dancing and going completely crazy in the crowd. Tons of people were onstage singing into the mics, stage-diving and dancing all over the stage. The important part is that the bands were loving it and getting into it too, which (I think at least) probably wouldn't be as common with other genres of music.

That really sold me on the music I like. Nothing makes me feel like being a part of a unique live experience with bands that I love.

P. S. Norm MacDonald's new show rules a whole lot. He's a very funny dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment