Saturday, May 14, 2011

Coax Me

Hey!

First things first. Living With Lions is an awesome Canadian punk rock band. They have a new album, Holy Shit, coming out on Tuesday. Fortunately you can listen to the entire thing (albeit with a few ads thrown in as well) right here for free! I've only listened to it all the way through one time, but I thought it was a good fucking album!

Alrighty, I'm not exactly sure where this is going to go as I'm starting this right now. I've been home from school for a little under a month. My sister just came home from school so I've been forced to move from her room to the basement. This fucking sucks. The basement is cold. I also had to move all my stuff down and that ranks pretty high on my least favourite activities list.

However, I'm going to Pouzza Fest in Montreal. I'm really, really stoked for a variety of reasons. Number 1 is that I finally have a chance to see the band Lifetime. They are one of my absolute favourites ever (I'd say 3rd behind Less Than Jake and The Descendents). The band reunited in 2005 and I got into the band just after the Toronto date of that tour. As a result of this I figured it would be a long time until I got to see them, but was pleasantly surprised after they were added to a festival I was already planning to attend.

Long story short I get to see a ton of fantastic punk bands, hang out with a few of my best friends all weekend, get day drunk every day and then eat a massive poutine from La Banquise after doing something along the lines of this. Honestly, that's pretty much all I want in life. I'm a simple dude.

I should take it easy on the links though, eh?

Speaking of music festivals, I just watched a documentary on the South By Southwest music festival on the TV channel AUX. Then entire thing isn't up yet, but you can watch the first part right here for free! It's hosted by Sam Sutherland who is an awesome/nice dude and also sings in a totally radical pop-punk band! Sidebar: They recently signed to Paper and Plastick and have a full-length coming out soon! Anyways, the doc was really great and very interesting. They do a really good job of covering every part of the festival and interviewing a wide variety of artists, from Moby to Odd Future to Matt and Kim to Keith fuckin' Morris. Definitely look for it on TV, AUX is channel 107 in Southern Ontario.

I just started another summer at Ontario Place. It'll be ok I guess. I used to really love that job. Then I hated it. Now I'm okay with it. At work (and in life in general) I think it's important to take everything with a grain of salt. Don't take anything too seriously, it usually becomes less fun (re: shittier) after that. I also watched Adventureland recently and it gave me two things: 1, a boner for Kristen Stewart in a Husker Du (don't know the short cut for umlauts) shirt and 2, a feeling of super nostalgia towards working in an amusement park.

I guess that's all I got. I'm tired from cleaning and moving shit all day and Role Models is on. That movie makes me laugh very hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment