Monday, May 30, 2011

Feels So Good, But You Don't Dare Believe It

Today is an awesome day.

I started the day by sleeping in to around noon. I'm a dude that needs a lot of sleep. I know some people can be functional on 4 or 5 hours, but I am the polar opposite. So I'm able to get a solid 9-10 hours in even though I was up pretty late, it rules.

Then I was greeted with the new Frank Turner album. If you didn't know, Frank Turner fucking rules. He used to play in the hardcore band Million Dead, but turned towards the folkier/acousticier side of punk when that band broke up. He is a fucking awesome song-writer and has a way of writing songs that pretty much any young person who's a little confused about life can heavily relate to. He's also a super down to earth dude who you'd really have to try hard to not like. His live shows are always very fun; everyone has a smile and everyone sings along. His new album England Keep My Bones is going to be out soon. Learn about that here.

This is also going to be the first really hot week in Toronto, with the temperature being above 20 degrees every day and even going up to 30 tomorrow! I fucking hate the cold and always look forward to summer. It's always my favourite time of year and I can't wait to break out my jorts, fake wayfarers and tank tops. Seeing how nice out it is today, I seized the opportunity and went to go read Franny and Zooey outside. It was really nice.

I also just came off of a weekend in Guelph, where I got to get pretty drunk for a whole weekend with a bunch of friends that I don't get to hang with when I'm out of school. I wish I could see them more. Day drunk on Genny, Donkey Kong Country and the Jackson 5? Can't really ask for more, in my opinion.

Next order of business: If you don't think that the Rush episode of Trailer Park Boys is absolutely hilarious, you probably aren't Canadian, but also don't know good comedy.

Now I get to watch Jo-Jo Reyes go for the most consecutive starts without a win record for the Blue Jays.

I'm completely broke, but life still rules. Everything is coming up Milhouse!

And this still makes me laugh a lot, years later. I can't believe how much time I used to spend on Newgrounds.

(That video also lead me to tons of Super Mario glitch videos. Awesome.)

I know this post was more or less me just talking about what I've done the last four days, but I felt like I had to put it somewhere, y'know?

No comments:

Post a Comment