Saturday, April 9, 2011

I'm The King Of Catastrophes

Hmm, I guess it's been awhile since I've posted anything. I've been pretty busy this week though, as it the last week of classes. I saw Comeback Kid/Title Fight/Wayfarer in Kitchener on Thursday. All three bands put on really good sets, but tons of fights started during Comeback Kid's set. It really made me angry and put a huge damper on the atmosphere of the show. I understand that hardcore is a very aggressive style of music and violence has been (for better or for worse) a part of the scene since it started, but gigantic guys punching some 16 year-olds because they're push moshing is not the reason the scene started. I realize it is just my opinion, but violence is seldom the answer.

I went to an art show on Friday that had an open bar. Since then I've been hungover and sick. We are not smile times.

I guess I missed a bunch of these eh?

Day 12: A song from a band you hate.

Fuck this band and fuck this song so hard. I never want to hear this shit again.


Day 13: A song that is guilty pleasure.

I think most people have a skewed view of the term "guilty pleasure" and usually refer to liking things that wouldn't usually be associated with them. That's just liking a wide variety of things. That being said, I know how shitty this band is. I hate every other song. But I just can't help (and don't mention in public) how much I like this song. *Shield my face in shame*


Day 14: A song nobody would expect you to love.

I think is what most people associate with the term "guilty pleasure". I know I've posted a few times about how much I like old R&B/Soul music, but I think it's the best example of this.

The motherfuckin' Rev:

Day 15: A song that describes you.

Less Than Jake has roughly a billion songs that qualify for this category. That is why they're my favourite band.

No comments:

Post a Comment