Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I Don't Mind Weepin' If It'll Keep You By My Side

I'm probably going to come off as pretty fucking emo in this post, so I'm going to apologize for that in advance.

So yea, sorry.

Pretty much everyone I know who isn't in a long-term relationship seems to be pretty burnt out on love. Everyone says that they're perpetually single and it's never going to work out for them and they don't even care anymore. I personally think that's pretty bullshit. I've been in the same position as them; I get dumped pretty frequently and my longest relationship has been 3 months. And yea, it totally sucks. Getting dumped is up there as the worst, but giving up on stuff because of past failures is dumb. I guess I might be just being a blind optimist, but I'm still confident things will work out one day.

I'm thinking of this because I was listening to The Temptations today. This is because the vast majority of their songs are typical 60's/70's R&B/Soul love songs. And while listening to these songs I realized that I can still connect to them and really love the songs and lyrics even though it's been awhile since my last relationship. It could be that I listen to All/The Ergs! too much, but I like to think it's because of my outlook.

I'm not going to let a few failed relationships keep me from being stoked on what could happen in the future, y'know?

I know I've been really beating the shit out of this dead horse for most of my entires in this thing, but keep your head up while you're going through the neutral zone. It really helps.

You know what else helps? Dancing and singing along to soul music:

No comments:

Post a Comment