Friday, March 11, 2011

I Still Feel Shitty Every Time I Try To Fucking Fall Asleep At Night

Yesterday I was having a terrible day for some reason. I was hungry, tired, felt like shit and didn't want to do anything, even though I a ton of work to do. Whereas I used to wallow in these moods, now I know better and know they'll pass in a few hours or so.

Buuuuuuuuuut, whenever I get in these moods one of the first songs I always put on is "King Of Minneapolis Parts III & IV" by Bomb The Music Industry! It always helps. 100% of the time. The song is about the singer of the "band" trying to drink himself to death and then waking up and realizing that life isn't so bad. He crashed at a guy's house and then the next day got a tattoo of his face after meeting him one time. I guess you could say the first half is the negative (night before) half. I like it because he doesn't skimp on heavy and depressing lyrics. Then it builds into a pretty crazy catharsis in the second half that will probably always move me.

The part at the end where it's just the bass and him singing "I know I'm not dead because I just threw up in my own mouth" is just fucking incredible. Everybody probably has "those songs" that they rely on and this is definitely one of those for me. If you listen here I think you should really open up the lyrics, because they're just incredible.


No comments:

Post a Comment