Thursday, March 3, 2011

I REFUSE TO SINK

Once you get a positive state of mind, the good days just start rolling in. Today especially ruled. Here's why:

  • I listened to Enema of the State on the way to school. blink-182 has been one of my favourite bands since elementary school and I still feel awesome every time I listen to the band. "Going Away To College" is my favourite song by them.
  • At the University of Guelph there is a large veterinary program. A result (or at least this is what I'm assuming, I have no idea really) is that people train seeing-eye dogs on campus. Because of this there was a tiny brown lab puppy looking at me for my whole bus ride to school. I love dogs.
  • Free coffee.
  • My earliest class, Romanticism and Realism in French Literature, was mostly about Realist painting. I sounded like I knew what I was talking about for once.
  • The prof for my next and most work-intensive class was absent. We got out early.
  • In my next class I got back a paper and did better than I thought I did.
  • Somewhere in the midst of this I put on The Wonder Years.
  • I had Taco Bell for dinner.
  • Soon I'm going out and getting pretty drunk with a bunch of my good friends.
Head above water this year boys.


I know it sounds pretty lame to say this stuff, but that band makes me feel like I can take on the world every time I listen to them. Fuck yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment