Monday, July 12, 2010

Maybe I, Just Set Aside















So there's a visual about what I wrote last time.

I wish I could write something that could pass as semi-in depth right now, that is tied into my life and what goes on in it. But pretty much the only thing that goes on right now is listening to Alkaline Trio on the GoTrain and then zoning out at work until it's time to go home. So I guess that leaves me to talk about Alkaline Trio.

The first I heard of them was seeing their shirt for sale in west49. I figured they were an "emo" band (from now on, whenever I write out emo in quotation marks it means my view of what it was about 6 years ago and not the genre that I have come to enjoy pretty well now) because of their name (I also saw a Hot Water Music shirt at this west49 and thought the same thing, shows you how musically educated I was). Then later I saw Tony from No Use For A Name wearing their shirt and my opinion of them went up a bit. I checked out a stream of their new album when it came out and enjoyed it, but didn't get around to doing anything more until Warped Tour this year when I watched part of their set (sidenote: just remembered, will post something about Warped). They were rad and opened with a really old song. So I got their first album "Goddamnit" after this. I like it and I like it a lot.

This song might be my favourite, but I'm not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment