Wednesday, July 28, 2010

It's Only The End Of The World. Again.

So I was just reading through a bunch of my old blog posts (I'm prone to do this all the time. One: I want to check for spelling and grammar. Two: I just like going over the stuff I wrote for some reason.) and came to a conclusion about them: I'm pretty proud of them. I hope this doesn't come off as me being full of my self, but yea, I think they sound semi-intelligent. I've looked at stuff I've written in the past before and just thought "Christ, I was a moron." but that wasn't really the case this time.

Cool, I guess.

Futurama's back. That's pretty rad. When I first started watching the show I didn't think it was anything special, but when it went into syndication I started to really enjoy it. Plus Zapp Branigan is the best.

So hey, I saw this the other day. I would explain it, but the video explains it all in the first 20 seconds. In short, good bands cover songs from a list put together by The AV Club. This one is Superchunk (who I love) covering "Inbetween Days" by The Cure (who I love, also my favourite song by the band and posted here earlier). Superchunk is one of the original indie-rock bands from the 90's and they really got it right. I wish I had a voice like that. They do an awesome version of one of my favourite tunes.

I'm also really stoked on The Smoking Popes lately but for some godforsaken reason the family desktop, which I'm using while my laptop is out of commission, gets an F in copy and pasting so no video.

So yea, listen to "Need You Around".

But the Superchunk cover first, because it rules so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment