Monday, July 5, 2010

I'm Nailing Shards Of Hope Together

Dan Potthast used to play in mu330. They were an early ska-punk band (formed in '88, well before it got "cool" in the mid nineties) and they rule hard. Now he mostly plays acoustic shows. The shows are super fun because, well, acoustic ska is super fun. He's also a really funny, nice, charismatic and down-to-earth dude who also happens to be a out of this world songwriter. You should listen to him.


The Wonder Years are nothing new to this blog and you're probably pretty tired of hearing about them. But seriously. Ok, so a lot people write them off as one of the generic "NFG-core" bands that are getting popular these days, I think. I can totally see why one would say this after their first album. It had a lot of the breakdowns and synth riffs. But that is totally not the case anymore. They are just a pop-punk band, and making a running at being the most honest one ever. I had a great conversation with the singer last Wednesday. There is no band I'd rather have you start listening to. They write songs about feeling okay with yourself and they never lose the ability to put a giant grin on my face.


THE SUBURBS HAVE ABANDONED ME. I'VE HAD THE SAME BEST FRIEND SINCE '93. I CALL HE'S NOT ANSWERING, NO, I CAN'T COMFORTABLE IN MY OWN SKIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment