Sunday, June 20, 2010

It's Seven Seventeen AM

I was randomly thinking about what people must read my blog recently. I've come to the conclusion that there are three types and they are as follows:

1. My close friends. For some reason, these people enjoy hanging out with me. They have spent enough time with me that they have learned to put up with my moronic ideas. They are such good people that they even read this blog because they might actually care what I have to say, even though it's mostly just me talking about bands that they don't like. I guess they also might be interested in when I write about my life and what I think about it, because they care about me. Or at least I hope so. I pretty much believe this because most of them have mentioned that they read it and I've never really said "Hey, go read my blog" to anyone, which leads to my next group...

2. Random acquaintances from Facebook. I have a link to my blog on my facebook, because I really do like it when people read this shit. This is how assume most of the people from the above group found it. They check my profile and underneath The Ergs! lyrics in that "write something about yourself" box is a link to this thing. I assume that people see a name come in their live feed and think "wow, I haven't talked/seen/thought about that person in a long time" and then click on their name to see what they are like/what they are up to. I assume this because I do this and my friends also do this. But anyways, I have tons of people of facebook that I don't keep in touch with whatsoever. I don't think it would be completely out of the ordinary for them to look at my profile and wonder what I would write about. I would wonder that, if it was the same scenario reversed. Other things I am thinking about are also tied into this, but I will touch on that later. So, yea, group number two: randoms from my life that I've fallen off with.

3. Completely random people. I only say this because there have been a few instances of comments left by people who I have never met and have no idea how they got to this blog. I'm not stupid enough to think this shitty page is some big draw on the internet, but I'm lead to believe from these comments that strangers pass through here every once in a while.

Looking back on how I divided those people I've realized how dumb it is. Those are basically the three categories for everyone on earth; people you keep in touch with, people you used to know and people you don't know yet. God I'm dumb.

So this thinking lead to me thinking what type of person all these different people (not trying to make it sound like a lot of people read what I write, seriously) think I am. I know that the people from the first category know me pretty much inside and out. Some maybe more than others, but generally they all have a pretty good idea of what I'm like. Obviously, why the hell would they be my best friends if they didn't? But I think there are a lot of sides to my personality.

I was interested in what the people from the second category think. A bunch of them are guys from my high-school I bet. They saw a lot of super-shy Tim. But didn't see let's-get-drunk-wild-party-time Timmmmaaaayyy. Definitely didn't see the more emotional basket-case Tim.

I guess it's sort of weird to think how you can be pigeonholed.

The random people probably think I'm a total punk rock nerd (well, I am) but haven't met the guy who sits in silence because he can't think of the perfect thing to say or the dude who puts on "Love Gun" by Kiss on the jukebox when he's at the bar with his friends.

I guess what I'm trying to say (please please please don't take this as being pretentious) is that I'm like the robots from Cybertron. There's more than meets the eye.

Ok, or non-douche sounding ending: I like a bunch of shit that you might not expect and usually take a while to completely open up to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment