Monday, March 19, 2012

Short, Just Like Your Temper

It's starting to get really nice out and I'm sure it's the case for a ton of people but I find that enjoying some sunny weather and throwing on some music I really enjoy is a combination that is just about the best thing on earth. There's something to be said for wearing jorts, putting on sunglasses and blaring Brand New (Or The Temptations) (Or blink-182) (Or Dead To Me).

Anyways, I've heard of Candy Hearts a bunch this year, but only got around to listening to them today despite everyone I know heaping praise on them (This is a pretty common trend isn't it?). Is there anything more convenient than discovering a soul-crushingly great pop-punk band with dynomite female vocals on one of the first over-20 degrees Celcius days? Probably not, you guys. I like songs about love/relationships a lot and I like really poppy music a lot. This shit is right up my alley and that should probably be the case with you as well.

Also, the title might be a reference to a Louis CK joke but I'm not sure if it is. If that is the case, then this band is really doing everything possible to attract my listening.

Check it out:


How can you not smile at that? GIVE ME A BREAK. (Of that Kit-Kat bar.)

THE SONG IS CALLED "SLEEPY KISSES" FOR CHRIST'S SAKE.

I think it would be wrong to not state where I got this from. My friend writes for a music site called The 1st Five and they put up a "Bands You Should Know"-type mixtape. He knows more about music than you. You should download this mix:


Lastly, I think that if somebody stole my ipod and replaced it with one that was 160 gb of just the first minute and a half of this song, I'd be totally cool with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment