Wednesday, September 1, 2010

You're Looking At Me With Those Glossy Eyes, They're Gonna Bury Me

Watch this fucking NOW!


Best video. Best band. Best lyrics EVER. Best guy.

I know I shpeal about Jeff all the time and have done so in length already. But I already wrote this out somewhere else, so here you go:

The first time I went through a break-up the only thing I listened to was "Three Cheers For Disappointment" because it was the only thing that made me feel better. I was 17, naive and thought I'd never recover and those 13 songs were my whole world. I got heavily into BtMI! afterwards because a lot of the kids at my high-school (sort of prestigious private school in Toronto. Not tooting my own horn, I'm a moron.) were pretty well-off and had high-paying careers lined up for them because of their parents (I really, REALLY liked "To Leave or Die in Long Island" because of this. I would line it up so that "Syke! Life Is Awesome!" would be the last song I heard on my walk home from school.) I also started to get depressed semi-frequently and obviously this issue is dealt with all the time in BtMI!'s lyrics. I finally saw them about two years ago and obviously Jeff was walking around before because it was a small shitty punk venue. I stopped him and said "Hey man, Three Cheers got me through a lot of stuff. Thanks a lot dude." and he said "Aw thanks" and gave me a giant bear hug. He had on the same sweater as me and the same shoes and it made me think of the third verse of "Syke..." because sort of the same thing happens to Jeff.I legitimately almost cried because it meant so much to meet the guy (I don't think he could tell. That would have been fucking weird. Then he fucking rocked the house.

tl;dr. I hate break-ups. I hate people moving forward while I feel like I'm staying put. Sometimes I feel really shitty. Jeff's songs deal with those topics better than any others for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment