Thursday, September 9, 2010

One By One! We Gently Fall Apart

Alright, so yo (meant to be said in the manner of Donovan Strain) after a few days of internetless existence, I came online to find that No Trigger is getting their shit together and putting out a ton of new music! I first saw them when I saw Set Your Goals and Daggermouth also for the first time about 4 years ago. That show was pretty pivotal in me expanding my musical tastes, rediscovering my love for pop-punk as well as being a gateway into hardcore. I wasn't digging them that much at the time, but got their album "Canyoneer" later and really, really liked it a lot. They are definitely one of the bands that works hard but doesn't really get any recognition for it. You know those bands that seem to be a favourite of other bands and go on rad tours, but the kids just don't really go crazy over it? These guys. Probably one of the reasons they slowed down for a while.

They play fucking fast and their singer fucking rules and they have some rad guitar lines.

So first, the video explaining the situation (I love the Bigwig reference right at the beginning) (also, notice how all the kids at Warped Tour don't know who they are, but all the guys in the actually respectable bands on Warped do):

And a personal favourite:

No comments:

Post a Comment