Saturday, November 16, 2019

I Tell Myself

Somewhere in an alternate universe, this post would be about how Greetings and Salutations is the last good Less Than Jake release because it seems to me like the last time that Vinnie was really driving the creative direction of the band.



Instead, it's about how this song has been sticking the side of my head while I think about finishing a giant pile of work. In the past I would have been anxious and stressed about whether or not I would finish everything, and what that would that would mean for my future, but I have better work habits and a better perspective on school now. I know I'll get everything done and I know it will turn out okay at minimum. I'm still stressed and anxious, but I start working earlier and have better ideas about how to organize myself. Only took me like 10 years!

Even though every line of the lyrics doesn't necessary hit perfectly, the whole thing encapsulates me slumming around my office in Zubaz pants and trying to work through some ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment