Friday, January 29, 2016

Random Anecdotes: Part 64

Today I was listening to The Troubled Stateside by Crime in Stereo, which is a wonderful album by a wonderful band. You should listen to it if you never have. Here's a great song:





Whenever I listen to this album, it always reminds me of the last (and only!) time I saw Crime in Stereo in 2010 because it was a great show (CiS with Mockingbird Wish Me Luck and Wayfarer!) and is just one of those shows and nights that sticks out in your mind forever, you know?

The show was at the downstairs of the El Mocambo, which is a great venue that I wish would have more shows, or at least shows I would like to go to, and was pretty sparsely attended. Crime in Stereo had just put out I Was Trying to Describe You to Someone and were on the verge of breaking up. They absolutely killed and it was just a great night.

Part way through the set, while the singer was introducing the next song, a guy in a then-very hip Hostage Calm Lens shirt got up to say something to the singer (weird) and said something I swear I will never forget as long as I live:

"You need to put more songs from The Troubled Stateside on your myspace!"

What the fuck? Why would you get up to say that? Hahahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment