Monday, January 25, 2016

In Perpetuity Throughout the Universe

About once a year or so, I try to convince myself that I need to wean myself off of coffee. I know that I won't give it up outright, but think that it will be better for me if I lessened my daily intake. I mean, I sort of know that's true. But then I start to worry a lot about drinking too much coffee and try to not have any in the afternoon and whatever else. I start to get groggy in afternoons and feel exhausted, even if I don't notice all the time.

I inevitably relapse and start to drink coffee all day again and when I have my third or fourth cup of the day and I'm completely wired, it hits me "Oh right, this is why I did this to begin with."

I am in that period of relapse right now and am plowing through coffee and can feel my heart beating and am very alert. I love this. I love coffee so much and should probably put all this cutting back nonsense to bed for good. Long live crippling caffeine addictions.

Lately I've felt like there's a roadblock between the ideas in my brain and my hands typing at the keyboard. I feel like all of my ideas are as good as they've ever been, but for the life of me I can't say what I want to. It is incredibly frustrating and could not have come at a worse time. It feels like there's a strip of duct tape over my mouth.

I like to act like I'm ignorant of why this is and it's just some injustice in the universe that has befallen me for some reason, but I know exactly why I feel this way. It it because I'm not writing enough. I'm slacking and being lazy and it is just killing all of my skill.

Only one way to remedy that, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment