Thursday, June 23, 2011

Since It's About Old Entries, I Should Probably Put Bayside Lyrics As The Title To This Post Because I Loved Jamming That Shit Back Then

Man, I just read through a bunch posts that I put up more or less at the start of this blog, during summer 2009. The first thing I noticed is that I really used to like writing in this thing A LOT. Not to say that I don't enjoy it now (pfft, like I even write in this thing now. AMIRITE?), but I used to really look forward to writing stuff and put a lot of thought into pretty long entries for this thing. This seems to be something that is really not happening now. It's usually either putting up links to a free album that I like or some long winded spontaneous rant that is hurtin' for some syntax.

I think a big part of those long entries (like the one about ska, Jeff Rosenstock/ASOB/BTMI! or the skateboarding one) were just me trying to convey who I am and the things I like.

Sidebar: I almost wrote "who I was" until I realized that I still absolutely adore all of the things in brackets up there.

Because I can be really shy. I think I've gotten better about it now, but I used to be a really reserved person and you had to either be one of my absolute best friends or really pry at me to get any info at about my personal life/feelings/etc. So I guess writing out these long entries were a way for me to explain things about myself and it really felt good.

So reading through those entries now, I totally want to get back to that feeling. And get better at proof-reading. And try and think of one possible reason for why I thought putting a quote from a song at the end of every post was cool. But mainly get back to that feeling. So I'm going to try and think of some topic that is important to me and go on a long-winded rant about how much it means to me and how I discovered one day after work this weekend.

Alright, cool beans.

Man, how many posts have been based on me reading through my own blog and then giving my reaction. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I have the "Most Vain Motherfucker In Scarborough" award on lock this year. Go me!

Haha.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Cool!
    Hope you'll get back to that feeling!
    Nice post, keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete