Friday, February 11, 2011

The Boy's No Good, He's A Hood, He Won't Treat You Like He Should

I am a very spoiled person. Not only do I lead a pretty comfortable life, have awesome friends and get to see The Descendents on my birthday, but now I get to see Lifetime (my third favourite band!) in May as well.

The band isn't very active anymore as the members have all moved onto other endeavors (obviously Dan can't play guitar when he's singing for Paint It Black or tearing up This Is Hardcore Fest), but still do play sporadically. This time it dovetails nicely with my location!

If you aren't familiar with them, Lifetime have secured a spot as one of hardcore and pop-punk's most influential bands. They play hard and they play fast but also are about as poppy as a hardcore band is willing to go and have more personal lyrics than their peers.

FAST AND POPPY AS FUCK. SONGS ABOUT GIRLS. FUCK YEAH.


Seriously though, they are incredibly influential to bands like New Found Glory and Set Your Goals . Chances are if you yelled for it at a show, most bands would know a Lifetime cover.

Man, I've got it good.

No comments:

Post a Comment