Monday, February 8, 2010

This Is My Year For Sure

Bands add me to myspace all the fucking time. I actually don't mind it at all because I've really found a bunch of bands that I really love this way. One thing I've noticed is that Florida has an absolutely killer pop-punk scene going on right now. There must be something in the water, Jesus. A nice thing is that they all have pretty distinct sounds too; You Vandal has a definite early 2000's thing going, Safety loves Fat Wreck Chords, while Go Rydell likes to err on the side of Kid Dynamite. I hope all these bands keep at it, because they really do just kick loads of ass.

You Vandal






Life's pretty sweet right now. It seems it's one of those odd times when I seem to have my shit in order. I'm thinking clearly and I have some goals. Think positive, life's a whole lot easier and a whole lot more fun that way.
  • get my average in school back up to where it used to be
  • keep what I have going on right now, going for a while longer
  • GROW MY HAIR SO I CAN BE GREAZY IN THE SUMMER
  • and maybe write some jams
Lastly, Bad Religion fucking rules! I've liked them for a long time, but seem to forget about them so much. "Suffer" is easily a top 5 most influential punk album of all time and personally I think Greg Graffin's voice is one of the best in punk ever. Smart lyrics (he has a phd and teaches philosophy at UCLA for Christsake) and fast melodic music didn't exist before this band came around and became par for the course after they did. This is a really new song, but I think it still really showcases what the band can do. Everybody loves them for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment