Friday, February 19, 2010

Now It's All I See

Something I get all the time when talking to people about things I like (music, movies, TV shows) is "Oh, I used to love (insert band, movie, cartoon)". Generally their reaction seems to be kind of negative to me. They seem to have the idea that just because I listen to a punk band that they listened to when they were going through their "punk phase" I somehow haven't grown up or matured. They also immediately assume I have shitty taste in music just because I thought No Use For A Name was good in grade 8 and still think they rule today. I suppose it's kind of easy to make this assumption because I can come off as immature.

But just because I still like to read X-Men and watch the Fairly Odd Parents doesn't mean I haven't matured as a person. I mean yeah, poop is still the over-riding topic when my brother comes over for dinner and I have a subscription on hold at the Dragon comic shop. But when I compare how I handle situations to some other people, I find that I'm the more "mature" one.

So fuck off. Just because I still listen to NoFX doesn't mean you're better than me.

BAM:

AND BAM:

No comments:

Post a Comment