Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain

Some killer music came out this week.

I know I've spoken extensively about Bomb The Music Industry!, The Arrogant Sons of Bitches and Jeff Rosenstock on here. I'm not about to stop that. Randomly, BTMI! put out a new EP this week. Not surprisingly, it rules way too hard. I really relate to all of Jeff's lyrics a lot. They just keep putting out music (for free! always free!) and keep kicking my ass with it.


Another album that I really like is "Maps" by Mixtapes. It has the drummer from Fireworks in it, who are always fun. I read that they had put their album up for free, but hadn't heard of the band. They said their main influences were Superchunk and Dillinger Four, who I both absolutely love, but seemed like a pretty odd mix. I checked them out and really really liked what I heard. To me they sound like Pavement, except sometimes they play fast. Awesome 90's indie influences mixed with slammin' pop-punk influences.


TALKING ABOUT MUSIC IS TOTALLY WAY MORE FUN THAN WRITING ESSAYS FOR SCHOOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment