Wednesday, April 1, 2009

yadda yadda yadda

Even though no one cares, update on my life!

Well I guess a big thing is second year is coming to an end. I have to say I'm pretty stoked to be heading home. I mean living on your own sure beats the hell out of living at home, and I'll miss the partying and stuff, but honestly I need a change of scenery. Things I'm stoked on about moving back to Scarborough: not paying for groceries, not paying for utilities, skating all day, playing super smash bros when ever I'm not skateboarding, drinking pbr in Halbert Park, the possibility of finally doing the kool-aid scheme, having time to myself, maybe trying to finish songs I've been writing, maybe trying to do something with said songs, writing a lot in general, going back to work and having money again. 

Not gonna lie, it's going to suck not seeing people who you're with pretty much every day, but I guess I'll see them here and there over the summer and then before I know it I'll be back for third year anyways. Extremely stoked to see my home friends, because honestly I miss the hell out of them.

I've been going through a trying time emotionally, and I've been pretty down for a while. I'll bounce back eventually though, until then I'll just have to throw on a favourite album and do my best. Don't worry about me, because honestly if there's one thing I hate doing it's spreading my own problems out onto other people. Oh well. One positive is that it's gotten me off the cannabis wagon. I started doing it a lot again when we got the house because it was just always around. One thing I noticed is that when I feel shitty and then smoke weed, it amplifies that feeling ten-fold. So I just stopped and I'm glad I did. It's definitely going to be a long-term thing. 

Sort of on that note, I'm going to start running again when I get home. Last year I would always see the track team practice while I was playing intermural soccer and it made me realize how much I missed it. So yea, as soon as I get home I'm going to get my ass back in shape, god knows I need it after this year.

Side note, this is a very good way to put off that modern architecture essay I should be doing.

I am completely unstoked on missing all the rad shows in the last little while namely: This Time Next Year, Polar Bear Club, Bane and Four Year Strong. 

Bands I've discovered in the last little while that I am happy to have found: Hostage Calm, The Steal, I never realized that the first Saves The Day's first album is a straight Lifetime rip-off, which definitely puts them in my good books, Dag Nasty, finally getting "ALL" by ALL, Make Do and Mend, Sinking Ships, Bangarang!

So yea, sorry.

"What am I supposed to say? How's the weather anyway"

No comments:

Post a Comment