Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Don't Trust Hotel Clocks

I originally thought about writing this post last week, but things kind of got away from me and I felt like I didn't have the time to sit down and write.

The last week or so has been the first taste of spring that we've gotten in Québec and considering that this has been the worst winter I've ever fuckin' seen, 5° felt a little extra special. I couldn't help but revel in the joy I felt while I walked the dog in a form of daylight for the first time since November. Later that night, it also felt great while I walked up St. Laurent to a show that turned out to be great. In both cases, I looked around and liked everything I saw and it felt like I belonged. For the first time since I moved here, Montréal felt something like home.

I felt so good that I would allow myself to do the corniest thing in the history of this blog and post a song by the full band version of a solo song by the singer of Lagwagon.



I can't help but think of the couple of years when Pat lived here, which coincided with the early Pouzza Fests. At those times, Montréal absolutely did feel like a home away from home. Funny that it's my actual home now.

No comments:

Post a Comment