Thursday, February 13, 2020

I Got Jealous, Now I'm Embarrassed

It's always a joy when something you love returns when you aren't expecting.

Today's iteration of that phenomenon is a new edition of Stacey May Fowles' Baseball Life Advice coming to my inbox. Fowles, like our mutual influence Roger Angell before her, is so adept at describing exactly how the sport of baseball works its way into the lives of its true fans. I'm always willing to admit that she is an influence on how I write about the sport and does "I love baseball and I've got feelings" much, much better than I do. As I wonder whether recent developments are making me lose faith in the sport and I feel like I'm drowning in an ocean of snow, this immediately reminds me of why baseball is one of the best things in the world.

Rather that posting an excerpt, do yourself a favour and subscribe. It's wonderful.

Baseball Life Advice

Read her book too!

No comments:

Post a Comment