Monday, October 1, 2018

I, Musical Genius, Vol 2: Tales from Toronto Ska, 2004-2007

As I intimated (I chose that verb because Lil' Wayne just used in "Demon" on Tha Carter V, my current listen) in my last post, I just finished my second zine, named the same as this post. When I started to work on zines in the summer of 2015 (boy, was the first one a long time coming), I thought of them as tangible versions of the writing I do on I, Musical Genius, which is why I've kept the name on them. This site is a timeline of my life and of my progression as a writer and creative person, so it feels great to channel all of that into neatly folded blue paper booklets.

Like the first volume of the zine, this one is a collection of short memoirs dealing with one of my principle interests. This time around the theme is ska music, specifically Toronto ska in the mid-00's. There's two old IMU stories that I've spiffed up here, but also two new entries that you won't find anywhere else. I'm proud of the stories and hope that readers get some nostalgic pangs while they go through them and think about different things that meant as much to you.

As with last time, you can click on the image in the right side bar to read about getting a copy.

-Timmy

No comments:

Post a Comment