Thursday, October 20, 2011

Daybreak

Once again, I'm entering into this with pretty much no idea of what I'm going to write. This is clearly a recipe for success and by success I mean posts that don't really have any sort of central theme and I essentially only write for the purpose of putting something on this blog to make me feel better about neglecting it.

Cool, I've already been at the library for 7 hours today and I'm probably going to stay for about 3-4 more. It's not that I have a huge load of things due in school at the moment, but I'm going to The Fest next week which puts a hole in my schedule that I have to work around. As a result I'm doing a huge 180 in character development and doing assignments before they're due. What the hell?

Well, Fest is clearly something to talk about. It's a giant punk festival in Gainesville, Florida that takes place on Halloween weekend every year. By giant, I mean fucking giant. There are actually so many bands that I'm not going to go count them now because it would actually take forever and be a huge pain in the ass. Maybe 200? Over three days all in venues all around Gainesville. This isn't 300 bands over three days on a ton of outdoor stages. This is punk rock dudes from all over the world getting together to see awesome bands and drink shitty beer and have an awesome time for three days.

This thing is a pretty big deal in the punk world (Like to the extent that almost every band organizes their touring schedule around it every year) and it's my first time going.

Colour me stoked!

I'm going to get to see some American friends I haven't seen for way too long and see almost every one of my favourite bands. Literally. Less Than Jake, Bomb The Music Industry!, Against Me!, We Are The Union, A Wilhelm Scream, Teenage Bottlerocket, etc. The list actually does go on so long that it would be stupid for me to type it all out because nobody would actually read the entire thing. It's really awesome that this thing has gotten as big as it has, because every band that matters plays it every year.

Like I said, it does put a pretty huge hole in my school schedule, but in the best way. Leave at 10 on Wednesday on an overnight bus to Buffalo, fly out of Buffalo at 7 am to get into Orlando at 9:30 am. Then a bus to Gainesville at 11:30. The way back is even worse. So bad that I haven't memorized it and don't want to think about how much it is going to suck doing it hungover and probably running on Mexican food and about 4 hours of sleep for the weekend.

But like I said, I am really, REALLY STOKED.

I'll definitely do a write-up about it when I get back.

Hmm, oh yes!

My friends Tanner, Ken and I started a new blog, On My Scraper Bike! It's going to be a variety of things, but I think my main purpose on it is going to be posting mixtapes I make! I'm super stoked about this for a variety of reasons. One, I really like to make playlists, as I'm sure most music-lovers do. Two, I like to show people those playlists. Three, I get to design the covers and make them really stupid! I think it's going to be a really rad blog though and really excited about it.

I guess as a result I'll probably post less about music on here, seeing as I'm putting music up there pretty much all the time. So less youtube videos with me explaining why I like the song, more playlist downloads with me explaining why I like the songs! Friends who don't like the same music as me, ARE YOU STOKED YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ THAT SHIT ANYMORE?

Cool beans no? I've even already made some posts on it, so checking it out (and maybe even downloading my mixes? Eh? Hint? EH?) would make me a pretty stoked dude.

I guess that's all for now, back to reading about some old Venetian fuck who painted boobs and shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment