Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Gripping Your Pillow Tight

 A fun thing that happened to me today was the band En Garde posting their EP Debtors.



I saw En Garde in Cleveland in November 2012 at some rehearsal/recording space with Signals Midwest, Worship This!, and Ma Jolie. I was in town to see my sister at Cleveland State University and visit a few friends and they took me to this place. All of those bands were, I believe, Cleveland-based at the time and it was fun to see how they did DIY there. Being in a different city, going to a cool venue, and seeing a bunch of good bands from that city was "cool".

I checked out records from the rest of the bands, and obviously Signals Midwest went on to get bigger, but I never really heard more from En Garde, at least until they seemingly became active again and put out this music. And it's recordings from 2012 to boot!

I can't really describe why, but it's sort of comforting to have something like this circle back to me. Like things that you like or matter won't slip away and will find you eventually. 

That or I've had a headache all fucking day and this is cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment