Friday, August 31, 2018

Liberties, Vol 4

I decided to use my dad as inspiration for this edition of Liberties. I got some surprising news about him last week and since then he's been on my mind a lot.

I was lucky to grow up with a father who encouraged me to check out music from an early age and more importantly to not be afraid to love it. This has probably affected me more than anything else. Once you realize you how truly important it is to see the value and beauty in art of any kind, it becomes shocking that not everyone lives that way. When I started to listen to rock music in 6th and 7th grade, my dad was eager to show me lots of things that he liked. Some stuck (like Elvis Costello, who he thought I would like because I was interested in punk), others not as much (Cream never did it for me). Below is a playlist of things that my dad loves and has shown me. The last song is the one time I tried to get him into music I was listening to, but that didn't work at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment