Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Sorry, That Was Out of the Blue

Sometimes, I find that a low-effort post is the first step towards more output. Working lots of overtime and being preoccupied with writing PhD grants for next year has neutered my drive to write, so I offer this post as a step towards something with a little more substance.

As part of The Project, I've been working on a couple of songs throughout the year, with the hope that they will eventually turn into a demo. This part has actually going reasonably well, as I've found that writing guitar parts takes much less mental labour than writing short stories and lyrics. Here is a collection of songs that I think define the type of sound that I am going for with these songs:

Algernon Cadwallader "Spit Fountain"



Big Star "In the Street"



Dead to Me "Ran That Scam"



Van Halen "Dance the Night Away"



Oso Oso "Out of the Blue"

No comments:

Post a Comment