Friday, June 3, 2016

What You Wanted

I've felt angry and unfocused lately. A little too much on my plate to think about each part of it. I'm just trying to keep my commitments straight and am moving unconsciously between each one. I don't really feel all that present lately.

This is not conducive to writing, which is bad. From being sick to first Power Plant shifts and last minute wedding stress, I'm just hopping from one thing to another. Not thinking about much. I briefly thought that once I finished school and lined up a job, which was taken care of pretty quickly, I would devote some serious time to writing some good, long entries here, but that drive never materialized. I didn't even think about coming on here while I was sick and haven't since either. One idea for a post was a eulogy for Gord Downie, but I'm not a Tragically Hip fan, just think the guy is cool, and that would have seemed hacky.

I can say that Fargo season 2 is quite excellent. Devoured that in this weird in between, ecotone-ish period I'm in right now.

Maybe this is all sounding a lot worse than it actually is. I'm stressed, but not having a hard time dealing, necessarily. Maybe I would just like things to settle a little bit. I guess that will come with the summer, I hope.

This past week I remembered that the arrival of June, my favourite month, and its hot temperatures means that The Stereo, one of the true underappreciated gems of our precious ~rock music~, will again be dominating my listening habits and I'll tune my guitar to Hendrix and spend a bunch of time learning solos.

That bridge that starts around 2:20? Bud.



No comments:

Post a Comment