Friday, December 20, 2013

I Believe You, But My Tommy Gun Don't

This blog has been terribly neglected over the last little while because I've been so busy in every other realm of my life. While I do place a lot of importance on writing and coming up with ideas and writing about those ideas, it becomes difficult when school takes up a lot of the capacity of that part of my brain.

Over the last two months or so my life turned into a cycle of spending essentially all of my time on school, because grad school is hard, man. I would have an essay due/presentation coming up/exams to mark and my mind would be focused 100% on that. Then as soon as that was finished I would have a week or so off. That week would be taken up by girlfriend (YOU READ THAT CORRECTLY FOLKS, I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND) as well as Beat Noir rehearsals and planning out our full length album*. Then, before I knew my relaxing time would up and I would have to start working on my next school project and the whole cycle would start again. This started around late October and continued until this past Monday (December 16th, for those of you reading this in the future), so it was a pretty long time and I'm real tired from exerting myself for that long.

But now I've returned to my native basement in Scarborough and am gifted with a huge amount of free time. I'm planning to spend the entire break hanging out with friends, reading the huge stack of books I've brought home with me and hopefully channeling the creative part of my brain into this thing some more.

Cool beans.


*Hell, you've already scrolled down this far; scroll down a little further and read about that album right below this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment