Saturday, December 22, 2012

When Morning Comes I'm Just A Fool Who Repeats His Mistakes

Since it's almost that time of year again I figured that I would throw up a post that had all of my thoughts on Christmas.

This post is going to seem hilarious and jaded and hypocritical because a few years ago I wrote a post for this blog about how much I enjoyed Christmas and how it brings out the best in people. Since then I've completely changed my outlook on it. It's not that I don't enjoy Christmas, it's just that I'm indifferent to it. I still get to drink with some cousins I don't get to see enough and eat what is probably the best meal of the year, but it's just one day.

Obviously the reason most people go bananas for X-Mas is because they receive gifts. You can't really knock people for this, I mean who doesn't like receiving gifts. They're tokens of appreciation and usually things that you will really enjoy. What goes along with this is that most people also enjoy giving gifts because you get a great feeling when someone who you care about becomes happy as a result of something you've done. It's all pretty simple.

So while giving and receiving gifts is great, get over it. Haha. I guess that's all I really have to say about it. I mean does anyone really care that much? Be a nice and good person and do things for people the rest of the year instead of just late December?

What an anti-climax!

Nah, just kidding. Christmas is alright but people get way too worked up about it.

Later, gonna nurse this hangover and watch a trillion episodes of Farscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment