Tuesday, September 15, 2026

There's No Control, Just Controlling Yourself

 Without checking, I feel like the great IMU hiatus of 2022-26 covered the time that I went to go see Militarie Gun, MSPAINT, Pony, and Spite House with my friends Val, Dave, and Anna. Looking back on it now, it was definitely one of my favourite shows I've been to, primarily because I had never heard of MSPAINT before the show and they absolutely blew Val and I away that night. Absolutely nothing better in the world than discovering a band live and knowing that they will be a favourite for years to come. We were outside smoking in front of Turbo Haus and our weed drinks were starting to hit. The band was so good that we said "We should probably head in" just from they way they sounded through a closed door outside. We talked about how good they were for the entire bike ride home. 



I never expected them to get to this level, but I do earnestly daydream about how friends would react if they saw this band live. I wish friends could have the same experience I did. The No Separation EP is the most recent thing they've done and somehow I am desperate for more, despite it coming out last year. Not on tour right now, so am I safe to assume to they're working on something? A boy can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment