Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Happy Anniversary

This summer i just completely neglected this blog. Not just that I put up posts, but also in general upkeep. Usually I check my dashboard at least once a day and try to stay on top of things. This summer though, it just went free. That being said, I was pretty stoked when I checked my "stats" tab and found that the two highest referring sources for it over the last week (what up, 24 views!) were "I musical genius tabs" (makes sense, the blog is named after an Arrogant Sons of Bitches song) and "rash on my dog's privates" (just plain awesome).

I think I'm going to bring it back full time? I say that a lot don't I?

I'll do some sort of summer recap shit I think. Science knows I have nothing else to do right now.

Scorpios are a new alt-country/folk band. Before writing them off because alt-country/folk bands seem to be the flavour of the week these days, you should take note that it comprised of Joey Cape (Lagwagon's singer, Bad Astronaut mastermind, The Playing Favourites, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, two fucking awesome solo records and that Joey Cape's Bad Loud Thing I wrote about briefly at the start of the summer), Tony Sly (No Use For A Name's singer, also a pretty solid solo career), Jon Snodgrass (Drag The River, all-around awesome dude and involved with roughly a million rad folky-acoustic-alt-country-I've-used-that-term-way-too-many-times things) and some other dude who I am not familiar with.

Four good singer-songwriters and acoustic guitars that made a full length record and THEN PUT IT OUT FOR FREE.

That's all folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment