Monday, October 25, 2010

Been On Top Of The World Since About Six Months Ago

I'm sure that everyone has their own version of what I'm about to write about. You know when you're listening to a song and there's a part that just makes you go "Oh, fuck yea."? I don't mean like a guitar riff or a particular lyric, I mean like just a little tiny part. Maybe a few seconds long tops? I don't know if it's just because I play an instrument and have written songs. No it's not, that sounds out of control pretentious. Whatever, I listen to music pretty much all the time, so sometimes I notice little parts in songs I like and it makes me like them a lot more.

So yea.

In this one, the "Woo!" right before the riff picks up (0:26)(it was a lot more prevalent in the split version of this song, but alas, it was not on youtube) also the "Get up and dance!" around 2:24. The split version is actually way better. Damn.

The drum fill right before the second verse of this song (1:11) makes me squeal. I fucking love it so much.

The bass fill in this song. Around 1:48.

The pick slide at the end of this song, right before the tempo picks up a bit(3:10). It makes me feel like I can take on the world. Combined with the little bit of feedback you can hear throughout that whole part when ever the guitars stop? Holy fuck man.

This is probably the biggest one. When that bassline comes in. Goddamn it gets me every time. Just always puts a huge grin on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment